[Handle-info] redundancy questions

Hi, I just have a few quick questions on handle server redundancy:

We're investigating running two instances of the handle server on separate machines, both of which would be reading from the same Oracle schema.

1. Is there a proven way to hide both the proxy servers behind a load balancer so they have the same URL?
2. If the main server dies or needs to go offline, do handle administration requests somehow fail over to the secondary server?

Thanks for any input anybody may be able to provide.

Michael Della Bitta